Our survey said


An article in the Daily Mail reports on the findings of a study where its been established that the average woman in her lifetime spends more than £16,000 on shoes - flip flops, boots, heels, etc - in her lifetime.  The study, by Gocompare questioned 3,000 women on their shoe habits.  From the results, its worked about that from the age of 14 over the course of their lifetime women will buy around 469 pairs of shoes.

Its made me think that if I resisted the temptation, over the course of my life, to buy shoes and save the money, that by the time I hit 70 I would finally be able to afford that Yellow Volkswagen Beetle that I've been coveting for such a long time.  But then, were would the fun be in that, I'd had wouldn't have enjoyed the memories that my shoes have carried me to!

I do wonder though, where the survey took place . . . Thing is, the survey says that the average woman has at any point in time got around 19 pairs of shoes, with four, JUST FOUR!, pairs of heels to use for nights out.  I did a quick survey with some of my colleagues, and they were averaging 30-40 pairs of shoes. My collection certainly surpasses the 19 mark, but I'm going to do a thorough count of my shoes just to make sure.  The article makes interesting reading, so let me know what you think and how it compares to the amount of shoes you own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week