Something old . . . something new . . .



When I was getting married, I did what any bride-to-be would do, raided magazines for ideas and started drafting a big wish list. I'd noticed that a lot of brides had gone for a vintage feel with bouquets made of brooches rather than opting for fresh flowers. This was definitely what I wanted as part of my outfit. When I researched them, the price was just too high for my budget.
I mentioned the bouquets to my friend Sylvia who is really creative and to be honest can make something special out of very little. She was up for the challenge, so Project Bouquet commenced!
I love vintage brooches, so raided my collection to find suitable pieces. A key part of the bouquet was a butterfly brooch that my mum bought her mum with her first pay packet. I love that a bit of family history would be with me on my wedding day while a lot of my family couldn't be with me. In the style of thrift, we spent a great day at charity shops in Preston finding pearl necklaces and diamante bracelets that could be used. After creating a couple of prototypes, the final result was a mixture of old and new. Pink and grey were the base colours of the bouquet to highlight against my dress (also pictured) and the silver shoes I'd chosen.
The bouquet was just what I wanted and was soo pretty on my wedding. While the cost was relative cheap, the effort that was put into creating the bouquet was priceless xx

Comments

I am obsessed with brooches!!

Merci beaucoup for stopping by darling, it means so much that you like the blog and I really hope you become a regular visitor =]

Je suis très désolée for the late reply! Have a lovely weekend!

Stay safe and chic ma chérie,
English Rose x
http://iamanenglishrose.blogspot.com
CameronPoe2409 said…
Thank you ladies,I don't get chance to wear my brooches so I'm going to use Emma Pilsbury from Glee as inspiration and plan new outfits to showcase them.

Have a good weekend xx

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week