Birthday review

I need to get baking!
I've been very lapse in producing posts this month, I was really busy last week at work and then celebrated my birthday this weekend. 

I've been really lucky, present and friend-wise, I've received some lovely gifts that are just what I wanted.  There's been a bit of a theme to my birthday too - cupcakes and shoes (possibly of no surprise to anyone that reads my blog). 

I received two pairs of shoes (posts to follow). I also got a couple of new handbags ...

My sister bought me a cake stand, pictured with a couple of cupcakes bought from my favourite Cupcake shop in Blackpool. I've also received a new baking cookbook so need to try out a few recipes for Christmas!

more presents . . .
 I also received Blow by Blow written by Isabella Blow's husband, I've been reading a couple of articles about her so I'm really looking forward to reading this. I've also received some vintage look jewellery that will be perfect with an outfit I'm planning for a trip to Manchester this Sunday.
My talented friend Sylvia made me this lovely lace corsage, so I'm planning to add this to one of my Christmas outfits. I wish I could create gifts like this so perhaps this will become a new year's resolution for me!



custom-made for me
As well as a lovely meal with my husband on the Friday night, I celebrated my birthday with a Chinese banquet, the X-Factor and Bombay Bramble cocktails on the Saturday. My younger sister has purchased an electric ice crusher (a great gadget for the party season), so the cocktail was sapphire gin, fresh lime juice, a raspberry liquor and fresh raspberries over ice, yummy! Will post the recipe later!





Comments

Pearl Westwood said…
Happy Birthday!! You got some lovely gifts x

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week