Where does the weekend go?

I would like to make it official and sign up to a petition to make weekends officially three days long! There is just not enough time in a two-day weekend to do all the things I want to do, Saturday and Sunday are simply too short and time flies without having enough fun.  Since the start of this year my husband has worked the majority of weekends either day or night shifts so we haven't been able to really plan anything to do.  Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely lucky that we both have a job (it was a different story nearly four years ago) but weekends are meant to be fun and not pass by without something interesting occurring!

[cue Great Escape music] I did manage to finally get out of the house this weekend, dressed up and an alcoholic drink passed my lips, my first since New Years Eve!  I went on a hen night to a local village, one of those places with quite a few bars and restaurants that are basically a hop, skip and jump away from each other, perfect as it was raining! We had a fabulous Chinese banquet at China Red. and managed a few cocktails too.  I used this as a warm up exercise for the birthday nights out planned for the rest of the month and I'm now ready for the fun weekends to commence!
Me just getting ready for my first drink of 2011!

Comments

You are so right, the weekends are no where near long enough. Glad you had a great night out, I could do with one!
I'm all for a three day week! Hope you had a good night and well done for holding out for so long, I'm seriously impressed! xx

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week