Having a 'Carrie' moment


I know its not everyone's cup of tea but I really miss the Sex and the City series.  Yes, the films are good (well the first one was, the second not so good) but the series was a weekly fix of fashion moments.  I always wanted one of Carrie's collection of clutches, my favourites scene was in the last episode, when Carrie was stuck in Paris waiting for her artist boyfriend to pay her some attention.  Digging around in her vintage clutch, she found her 'Carrie' necklace and realised that she needed to be back in New York with her friends.  The rest is SATC history, she was rescued by Big and whisked back to her most important accessory - New York city.  Hey, even Park Avenue Princesses need rescuing sometimes!

Anyhow, obviously I can't afford Chanel vintage but still wanted to get a bit of Carrie's vintage style but have lucked out on finding anything in my local charity shops and my Ebay experiences have been not so great - I just can't get my head around the bartering and bidding wars to get my bargains.

Lucky for me, The Fashion Pearls of Wisdom Blog opened an online shop - Shop Street Style where I can fulfil my vintage dreams from the ease of my sofa.  I bought this lovely vintage clutch that has been receive lots of attention and admiration from my friends.  It's quite deceptive as its really roomy and can carry lots of stuff.  I used the clutch to accessorize a seventies inspired outfit with wide-leg jeans and a floral smock top and I felt fabulous.

What I love about the shop is that Pearl is creating outfits and giving inspiration on how to create looks using vintage pieces.  Please take a look, I'm sure they'll be something for you too!
Accessorising the accessory


the devil's in the detail

Comments

So glad I am not the only one who misses this series dreadfully. Love the bag BTW!
Sharon S said…
Hi there-the clutch is really lovely, a perfect way to chanel Carrie and SATC!! xx
Pearl Westwood said…
What a lovely post, awww that part in sex and the city where she finds her necklace has me welling up every time!! I am so glad you like the clutch, it is so beautiful isn't. x
Anonymous said…
I miss SATC too! I was obsessed with every episode and the films were okay-ish for me.

The bag is gorgeous, I'd like to see it with one of your outfits :)
Pearl Westwood said…
P.S I linked your post up on my post today, hope thats ok X
mispapelicos said…
I have the whole series on DVD now, but it was fantastic waiting for the day when the next chapter was on. I love, love the first 3 seasons, before they went too Dior and Oscar de la renta.
Anyway, I love Pearl and i am so glad to have found you,your blog and how happy you feel with your shopping.
The clutch is fabulous.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
noone said…
lovely post!! I love the carrie necklace in sex and the city the most! haha speaking of chanel, I recently bit the bullet and bought a chanel bag, cuz the prices are hiking up by soo much (over $1000 in the last year alone), sigh, I figured in my lifetime I would own a chanel so might as well buy one before another price hike on may 1st
It's a gorgeous clutch, Pearl has lovely stuff! x
CameronPoe2409 said…
Ladies - thank you for your lovely comments. The bag is one of my favourite accessories and I wish they would bring back SATC. I'm sure there is enough fashion and stories to make a new series! Also, big hello to new visitors to my blog and Pop Champayne, please do a post on your new bag! xx

PS Pearl thank you so much for placing a link to my post in your blog xx
HazelxJoy said…
I watched that very episode this weekend... *sigh*
Love this clutch - gutted you discovered it before I did.

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week