Memories of Dad

Jimmy Valentine
Today marks the fourth anniversary of my dad's death from lung cancer.  I can't believe its been four years and I miss him terribly especially at this time of the year.  There's many a time I'd finish work and sit in the back garden having a cold beer while discussing how the day had been.  Sometimes you don't realise what joy the simple things in life can be.

I inherited his car and I drive it every day with a pair of his glasses on the dashboard.  We've even managed to inherit his dog! Harvey has become our unofficial lodger over the past few years.  It's not hard to remember the good times whether it was watching Hammer Horror films on a Friday night after the pub or the year we decided to make homemade red wine and spent a night bottling the wine while enjoying numerous amounts of the stuff or the last family holiday we had together and spent the afternoon in the pool where it felt like we were kids again.

He was well liked, worked hard and travelled to many places, I hope that I can embrace life this way too.

The seventies really was his era

Comments

Vix said…
I'm sorry for your loss. Your Dad both looked and sounded like a lovely guy. xxx
Abi Gray said…
I remember you doing a post on your Dad before, he does sound like a lovely guy. xxx
Victoria said…
What a lovely lovely post. I'm sure your Dad is looking down on you and smiling xxx
Crystal said…
So important to cherish these beautiful memories and keep them vivid for as long as possible. You were lucky to have such an amazing dad.
CameronPoe2409 said…
Thanks for your lovely comments, he was a truly amazing man, very much missed xx

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week