Ode to a shoe


dented beyond repair
I mentioned in my earlier post that I had a slight mishap with my favourite pair of shoes.  They weren't really expensive at £25 from Dorothy Perkins but they were my dependable pair of shoes that would go the distance whatever a night out held in store.  Sadly, they are in a state of disrepair and are heading for that great shoe store in the sky but I feel I should write about our short life together before I box them away.  So  here is an open letter to my poor shoes.







Dear Shoes,

Maybe it was the redness in you, brought the devil out in me.

You never really stood a chance.  On the first day of our relationship, we went out for a couple of drinks and I let a little Irish guy wear you to dance in a karaoke bar.  This crime was only remembered a week later . . . damn those sambuca shots.

You've always been the perfect partner-in-crime and I had so much fun wearing you, parting is such sweet sorrow.

Alas, it was a Deacon Blue concert, red wine and too much fun that brought about your downfall.  Dancing away to their greatest hits, I caught my heel and fell, bringing catastrophic injuries to your shoe loveliness.  With your loss, the scars (as well as my bruises) run deep.

But as I say goodbye to you, I'll always remember the good times.

Goodbye my red friends

xx










Comments

Please may I? said…
My condolences on your loss!

X x
CameronPoe2409 said…
Thank you, I still haven't the heart to chuck them out! I follow and read all your posts but can't comment on them for some reason xx
HazelxJoy said…
Oh it's rotten to lose a favourite pair of shoes, no matter how many you have! Some are just special. Sone retail therapy will be sure to help ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week