Let's get wed


My wedding shoes

I've been meaning to write this post for a while, it's taken a wedding and meeting a couple of brides-to-be to finally push me into action.




Shoes are becoming the second most important decision to make after the dress, google 'wedding shoes' and you currently get 316,000,000 results to choose from, there are plenty of options to choose from.  They are bought, borrowed or given.  They're either chosen to make a statement, there's a personal reason for wearing them (the something old...something new...tradition) or simply they'll provide comfort on the Big Day; taking you from a walk down the aisle to your first wedding dance without the need for regular rest periods and corn plasters!


My wedding shoes cost £20 from New Look back in 2008.  My wedding had a non-existent budget and very little time for wedding-planning - we decided to get married in August 2008, booked the Vegas chapel in January 2009 and got wed in March 2009.  Choosing my outfit was relatively quick compared to how you would normally go about this. But the shoes completely the outfit and I did feel nice on the day.  On sepia versions of our wedding pictures, the shoes really stand out in a good way.


They are a little bit sparkly, pointy with a mid heel that was great for the wedding and catching the Vegas mono-rail to our wedding celebrations. My budget, or lack of it, decided the choice of shoe and its got me thinking about why you choose a shoe for the biggest day in your life. 

Me on my wedding day
 
Regardless of the budget you have, you still need to find a shoe that fits in with how you want your wedding look.  You don't need to buy an expensive shoe, although it would be nice to have the choice between the high street and designer options. But, if you going down the designer route, then choose someone you've hankered after, don't spend hundreds of pounds of a shoe just because you can, not because you want to.  I wish I'd been able to give this advice to a bride-to-be visiting Blackpool the other week, who proudly told me that her wedding shoes cost £500 pounds but couldn't tell me who the designer was or where she'd bought them from!?  More proud of spending £500 pounds than owning a shoe that you've wanted for ages just doesn't make sense to me.  Borrowed or bought, the shoe simply has to make you feel special, not its price tag.

When researching shoes, I've noticed a number of wedding blogs where the bride has opted for a bright shoe that almost clashes with the traditional wedding look but still works, creating an additional talking point about the Bride.  And this can't be bad, ensuring the bride will always have the attention.

So I thought I'd suggest some 'bright' ideas for wedding shoes to consider . . .

For that touch of colour, I would choose this classic option from LK Bennett



Or these shoes from Schuh would be cute with a prom style wedding dress.



But if you want to channel Carrie Bradshaw, then just go with the Manolo's available at ShopsSavannahs.



There is another option to make your shoes have that really personal touch.  The amazing Figgie Shoes were bespoke shoes are created for you. Now this is how you can really make those shoes become a real part of the day. 

 
I'm interested to know what you wore on your feet on your wedding day, whether they were Converse or Clark's, M&S or Marc Jacobs. Please feel free to share.



















Comments

I wore Jimmy Choo. It was 2000 and they matched the coffee coloured lace that was the top layer of my Pronovia's dress. They were kitten heel mules x
Play Bingo said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
Aw, this was a very nice post. In thought I want to put in writing like this additionally – taking time and precise effort to make a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and not at all seem to get one thing done.
Welcome to my site [url=http://www.about-dogs.zoomshare.com/]www.about-dogs.zoomshare.com[/url].
Please may I? said…
Lovely wedding shoes. Mine were cream sling backs from Beaties, no idea who they were by.

X x
SO..SO...SO cute, I love the red color!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week