Surrender Dorothy



Schuh had a recent Facebook competition to win a pair of these gorgeous Lindy Hop shoes.  I knew I had to try for a chance in winning a pair of shoes that rival those Ruby slippers from Oz (can you tell I've been to see Wicked recently?).



To win a pair of these Red or Dead shoes, I had to leave a Facebook comment telling Schuh the strangest place I've ever found myself dancing.  I was one of three lucky ladies...I knew that attending a party in a disused morgue would one day come in handy!   On New Years Eve 2000, I attended a private party at a old-school morgue - think mortuary slabs used for the DJ's decks, cold store cupboards used to keep the beers and bottles cool.  It was a really spooky, think the opening scene in Blade to get an idea of the vibe created by the unique venue.

So my winning entry meant that I got these beauties less than two days later.  After care consideration and consultation with friends and family, I chose a pair in red.  Perfect for the Christmas season, all sparkly and ready to party (although I won't be visiting any morgues this year).  I cannot tell you how comfortable these shoes are, they are amazing.  The only problem I have now is finding the perfect outfit for them. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week